Written By Katy [Copyright 2009]

When Nallah, a pro designer in the making starts Middle school, her whole social life gets pounced on by the school bully. When she takes on the challenge of sewing costumes for the school play, her talent is finally recognized, and her social status climbs. But will it be too much for Nallah to handle?


Thursday, May 21, 2009

Chapter 7

Chapter 7 - Revenge tastes sour

It was 3rd block by the time I finally began to think about my "big plan". Mehgan kept glancing over at me while our Art teacher, Mrs. Cho was teaching us how to draw landscapes. She questioned my plan with her eyes, shooting looks at the table behind ours' where Kami, Kara, and Klaire sat, snickering and acting like ducks, flapping imaginary wings when Mrs. Cho's back was to the board. I forced myself to dig deep into my brain and fish out a good idea, but before I could, a slimy lump fell onto my head. Out of instinct, I clutched my braid and screeched. Mrs. Cho spun around in her smock-dress.
"Miss Richardson." she squeaked. "Do you have something to share?"
My face must have turned five shades of red.
"Uhhhm..." I began.
1...2...3 I thought, as I tore the lump out of my scalp. I balanced it on my thumb, and in horror I concluded that it was namely a piece of gooey, pink Gum.
I felt like springing up from my seat, and giving Kami a piece of my mind, but instead I sunk down.
"It's nothing..." I peeped.
Kami, Klaire, and Kara fought to control their laughter. I fought to control my anger. Mehgan's blue-green eyes stared sympathetically into mine, but I shook it off.
This was war.

---

"What are you going to do?" Mehgan asked, as she cut a paper heart out of construction paper.
"I don't know." I answered, tugging a piece of blonde hair out of my eyes.
"Why does Kami hate us so much?"
"She's just jealous." I answered doubtfully. I mean, Kami, jealous? Thats impossible.
Springing up from my chair, I began to cut around my paper heart with the rusted scissors. I glanced over to where Mehgan was working. She stuck the tip of her tongue out of her mouth and began to glue her heart in place. Remembering how behind on my project I was, I flattened the top of my tiered skirt, and began to sit down. With a jerk, my chair was pulled out from under me, and I sat stunned on the cold linoleum floor, jaw wide open.
As I stood back up, clenching my teeth from the pain of my throbbing tailbone, I stood face to face with the one, the only, Kami Boyd.
"Kami!" I growled angerly.
"Oops." she said sarcastically, covering her mouth with a manicured hand. "I didn't know you were sitting there, Nallah."
"Oh yes you did." I said through clenched teeth.
Taking a step backwards, I grabbed the closest weapon in sight. An Elmers Glue bottle.
"Nallah, noooooo!" Mehgan exclaimed, trying to pull me back with all her might.
"Go Ahead." Kami said firmly. "Squirt me."
I hesitated and put the bottle down.
"See," she turned to Kara, Klaire, and the crowd of wanna-be's around her. "I knew she didn't have it in her."
And before she could even pop one bubble, or utter one cackle, she was squirted with a fresh glob of Elmers Glue, all over her flawless face and chartreuse cardigan.
"MRS. CHOOOOOO!!!!" she shrieked.
Kara and Klaire raced out the door in pursuit.
Through the white river of glue pouring down her spray-tanned face, I could see Kami's eyes bulge, and her fangs gleam.
"Oh its ON!" she shouted, clenching her fists.
From a nearby table, Kami grabbed a can of red paint, and poured it all over my new blouse.
"You did NOT just do that." I said, the tears coming.
Like a foaming, mad dog, I held up the pair of rusted scissors, and began chomping the teeth down in midair.
"Noooooo!" she cried, crouching beneath a table. "I-I surrender!"
"I don't believe there are any surrenders in this game!" I said, inching forward.
"But there are DETENTIONS!" Mrs. Cho's voice bellowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment