Written By Katy [Copyright 2009]

When Nallah, a pro designer in the making starts Middle school, her whole social life gets pounced on by the school bully. When she takes on the challenge of sewing costumes for the school play, her talent is finally recognized, and her social status climbs. But will it be too much for Nallah to handle?


Thursday, June 4, 2009

Chapter 8

Chapter 8 - All's well Ends well

Unless you count 1st grade in Indiana, when I accidently kicked Emily Jones at Nap time, this was my first visit to the principals office. But, this office didn't have finger painted pictures hung on the walls, and Elmo wallpaper. Instead, it felt like I was locked up in a prison cell. Iron bars were clamped to the only window, and the metal chairs that we were required to sit in were cold, and slippery. The only cheerful thing about this room was my friend, Mehgan who sat next to me, and unusually, she wasn't even smiling. Next to her, were Klaire, Kami, and Kara. At the moment, Kami was trying to rub hardened glue off of her forehead. She looked up and glared at me, pretending to slip her throat with a manicured index finger.
Luckily, at that very moment, Mrs. Bleu decided to make her grand entrance, and with her came a gust of lavender scented perfume. She sat at her big oak desk, and tucked a spare lock of grey hair behind her ear.
"Ladies." she said, adjusting her reading glasses. "It says here that your teacher, Mrs. Cho, accuses you of 'Making a huge mess of art supplies, and physically and verbally attacking each other with them'"
Kami coughed.
"Is this true?" Mrs. Bleu croaked.
The room went silent.
"Kara?"
"Uh, yea." Kara peeped.
"But- Nallah and Mehgan started it!" Kami added defensively.
"Liar!" I heard myself shout.
"You think I'm lying?!"
"Silence!" Mrs. Bleu commanded, pounding her fist on the table.
"Sorry." I replied.
"Obviously there will be a punishment for this kind of behavior." She began. "What you ladies have done, might just end up on your permanant record."
"No!" Mehgan shouted, leaping out of her seat. "My mom would kill me!"
"Miss Anderson!"
"Sorry" she murmured.
"As I was saying..." she paused and leafed through a stack of papers. "You will have two options." she smiled deviously.
Sweat prickled down my back, and I shifted in my seat.
"But- I will be choosing those two options."
Kami groaned.
"Is she serious?" Klaire whispered.
"Kami and Nallah, you both will participate in the school production."
Kami turned three shades of red. "But I can't act!" she complained.
"Me either." I said.
"I figured you'd say that. I went ahead and signed you up for the constructing of the costumes. We are a little shorthanded."
I relaxed a bit.
"But-" Kami began.
"No Buts!" Mrs. Bleu said.
"Klaire, Kara, and Mehgan," she scribbled something down onto a sticky note. "You will be assigned to the Chess club."
Klaire and Kara groaned in unison.
Mehgan just shrugged.
"It could be worse." she mouthed.
"Did I mention that all clubs begin tomorrow afterschool?" Mrs. Bleu said cheerfully.
Four people sighed. One person was content.

No comments:

Post a Comment